My passion is chasing the northern lights, Aurora’s, also known as Aurora Borealis.
My favorites are the corona’s not the beer but the storm gases😊 you just never know what your going to capture in the sky. Like this one it looks like a butterfly to me. I have thousands of photos of the northern lights just haven’t posted them all one might get bored of them. Ok probably not 😊
Steel wool photography with a Hulu hoop
Things you will need:
Steel wool grade 0
Stainless steel whisk
Light or battery
Hulu hoop if being creative like this one photo
Wide angle lense
ISO 100 F8-11
Have fun and be Safe
Can u just say wow? Portraits in snow beautiful mountains cold = beautiful
Items Needed: one or more large containers, such as 5-gallon white commercial food buckets. a hammer – a large Phillips screw driver – water – a bucket to fill the large container(s) if you can’t fit it under a tap. Steps:
- Fill your large container with water to about 3 inches from the top. The water will expand up as it freezes.
- Put it outside your house, and let it freeze overnight or as long as needed depending on the temperature. We usually let it sit on our porch about 10-12 hours in very cold weather (around 0 degrees Fahrenheit or lower), but up to 24 hours if it’s closer to freezing.
- Bring the bucket back into the house and thaw it for about 15 minutes so that the ice candle detaches from the sides of the bucket. The ice may make several loud cracking noises as it thaws – Occasionally a container itself (as opposed to the ice) will actually crack open
- Then, take the container back outside and carefully slide the ice candle out of the bucket. I do this step and the remaining steps in a bathtub .
- Carry Outside and place candle inside.